Session 03. Welfare, ethics and behaviour in pig production
Date: 29 August 2011; 08:30 – 12:30 hours
Theatre Session 03
- Practical strategies to improve the welfare of sows
Spoolder, H.A.M., Hoofs, A.I.J. and Vermeer, H.M.
- Genetic variation in shoulder ulcers in crossbred sows exists
Hedebro Velander, I., Nielsen, B. and Henryon, M.A.
- Practical evaluation of an indoor free farrowing system: the PigSAFE pen
Edwards, S.A., Brett, M., Guy, J.H. and Baxter, E.M.
- Practical strategies to improve animal welfare in growing pigs
Manteca, X., Temple, D. and Velarde, A.
- Practical strategies to improve pig welfare during transport and at slaughter
- Entire male production without mixing of unknown pigs
Rydhmer, L., Eriksson, L., Hansson, M. and Andersson, K.
- The effect of group size on drinking behaviour in growing pigs
Andersen, H.M.L. and Herskin, M.S.
- Modelling the dynamics of aggressive behaviour in groups of pigs
Doeschl-Wilson, A.B., Turner, S.P. and D’eath, R.B.
- Improving pig welfare and production simultaneously by breeding for social genetic effects
Camerlink, I., Bijma, P. and Bolhuis, J.E.
- Seeking a sociable swine: an interdisciplinary approach
Benard, M., Camerlink, I., Duijvesteijn, N., Reimert, I., Bijma, P. and Bolhuis, J.E.
- Tail docking in pigs: beyond animal welfare
Poster Session 03
- Heritabilities and breed differences in agonistic behaviour and adaptation to an electronic sow feeder in group housed gilts
Appel, A.K., Voß, B., Tönepöhl, B., König V. Borstel, U. and Gauly, M.
- Behavioural and physiological indicators of welfare in entire male pigs raised in non-mixing versus mixing housing systems
Fàbrega, E., Soler, J., Tibau, J., Puigvert, X. and Dalmau, A.
- Feet lesions of suckling piglets kept in different farrowing systems
- Effect of gender and individual characteristics on tail injuries in undocked entire male and female weaner pigs
Boyle, L.A. and O’driscoll, K.M.