Session 11. Genomic selection – application, ownership, and economics in dairy cattle (Interbull symposium)
Date: 29 August 2011; 14:00 – 18:00 hours
Chairperson: Reents and Coffey
Theatre Session 11
- Harmonization and joint evaluation in Interbull MACE as basis for genomic evaluation
- Opportunities to optimize the role of functional traits in dairy breeding goals using genomic information
- Animal breeding in the genomics era: challenges and opportunities for the maintenance of genetic diversity
Simianer, H., Chen, J. and Erbe, M.
- Application potential of genomics beyond elite animals’ evaluations
Winters, M. and Coffey, M.P.
- Implementation of genomics in dairy cattle breeding schemes and uptake by the farmers: North American perspective
- Implementation of genomics in dairy cattle breeding schemes and uptake by the farmers: European perspective
- Genomic selection from a farmer’s point of view
- Interbull’s role in the era of genomics