Session 20. The best cow for environmental efficiency
Date: 30 August 2011; 14:00 – 18:00 hours
Theatre Session 20
- Improving environmental sustainability of the dairy cow
- Interactions between dairy cow nutrition and environmental burdens
- The best dairy cow system for future in terms of environment, economics and social criteria – worldwide
- High milk production and good reproduction: is it possible?
Zeron, Y., Galon, N. and Ezra, E.
- Impact of breeding strategies using genomic information on fitness and health
Egger-Danner, C., Willam, A., Fuerst, C., Schwarzenbacher, H. and Fuerst-Waltl, B.
- Genetic analysis of calf vitality in Dutch dairy cows
Van Pelt, M.L. and De Jong, G.
- Future breeding goals in beef cattle: effect of changed production conditions on economic values
Åby, B.A., Vangen, O., Aass, L. and Sehested, E.
- Economic selection indexes for various breeds under different farming and production systems in Slovenia
Klopcic, M., Veerkamp, R.F., Zgur, S., Kuipers, A., Dillon, P. and De Haas, Y.
- The relationship between diet characteristics, milk urea, nitrogen excretion and ammonia emissions in dairy cows
Bracher, A., Münger, A., Stoll, W., Schlegel, P. and Menzi, H.
- Genetic relationships between energy balance, fat protein ratio, body condition score and disease traits in Holstein Friesians
Buttchereit, N., Stamer, E., Junge, W. and Thaller, G.
- Fat-to-protein-ratio in early lactation as an indicator of herdlife for first lactation dairy cows
Bergk, N. and Swalve, H.H.
- Genetic associations between feed efficiency and fertility in beef cattle
Crowley, J.J., Evans, R.D. and Berry, D.P.
Poster Session 20
- Efficiency of milk production in farms with a high share of grasslands
Litwinczuk, Z., Teter, W., Chabuz, W. and Stanek, P.
- Heart rate variability measured at milking in primiparous and multiparous cows
Speroni, M. and Federici, C.
- Motivating factors in Swedish young cattle production
Bostad, E., Swensson, C. and Pinzke, S.
- Use of an electronic system for automatic calving detection in dairy cattle: technical and economical preliminary results
Marchesi, G., Tangorra, F.M., Pofcher, E.J. and Beretta, E.
- Changes of metabolic conditions around calving affect oxidative stress and acute phase protein in pluriparous dairy cows
Sgorlon, S., Guiatti, D., Trevisi, E., Ferrari, A. and Bertoni, G.