Session 26. Animal disease models for health and robustness
Date: 30 August 2011; 14:00 – 18:00 hours
Theatre Session 26
- Endotoxemia as a model for evaluating naturally occurring and nutritionally-induced variations in the stress and innate immune responses of cattle and swine
Carroll, J.A., Burdick, N.C., Randel, R.D., Welsh, Jr., T.H., Chase, Jr., C.C., Coleman, S.W. and Sartin, J.L.
- Heat stress in farrowing sows under piglet-friendly thermal environments
Malmkvist, J. and Pedersen, L.J.
- Underlying infections enhance the physiological responses of cattle to endotoxemia
Sartin, J.L., Walz, P., Givens, D. and Elsasser, T.H.
- Impacts and mechanisms underlying stress-associated post-translational nitration of protein structure and function in signaling pathways
Elsasser, T., Ischiropoulos, H., Collier, R. and Sartin, J.
- Changes in expression of TGF-β, CTGF, collagen and elastin associated with seasonal time of sampling in bovine claw laminar tissue
La Manna, V. and Galbraith, H.
Poster Session 26
- Combining elevated total somatic cell count in first parity cows
Heuven, H.C.M., Xue, P., Van Arendonk, J.A.M. and Van Den Berg, S.M.
- A cure survival model for Taura syndrome resistance in Pacific white shrimp (P. vannamei )
Ødegård, J., Gitterle, T., Madsen, P., Meuwissen, T.H.E., Yazdi, M.H., Gjerde, B., Pulgarin, C. and Rye, M.
- Estimating diagnostic accuracy of the tuberculin skin test and abattoir meat inspection from bovine tuberculosis surveillance data
Bermingham, M.L., Handel, I.G., Glass, E.J., Woolliams, J.A., De Clare Bronsvoort, M.B., Skuce, R.A., Allen, A.R., Mc Dowell, S.W.J., Mc Bride, S.H. and Bishop, S.C.
- Cellular and extracellular biology of bovine claw laminar tissue
La Manna, V., Di Luca, A. and Galbraith, H.