Session 31. Sustainable use of antibiotics
Date: 31 August 2011; 08:30 – 12:30 hours
Theatre Session 31
- Use of antimicrobial drugs in Europe
Van Geijlswijk, I.M., Bondt, N., Puister-Jansen, L. and Mevius, D.J.
- An overview of veterinary antimicrobial use policies, legislation, and regulations: background, scientific data, and the basis for discussions in the USA
- Antibiotic replacement strategies in intensive livestock production
Den Hartog, L.A. and Sijtsma, S.R.
- Sustainable use of antimicrobials in animal health: an industry view
- Usage of antibiotics in organic and conventional livestock production in Denmark
- Cow health and medicine use as part of dairy farm management in The Netherlands
Kuipers, A. and Wemmenhove, H.
- Impression about cow health and medicine use in Germany using data from research farms
Thaller, G. and Junge, W.
- Animal health and medicine use in Slovenia and some other Balkan countries
Klopcic, M. and Stokovic, I.
- Antibiotics, hormones and sustainability of the US dairy and beef industries
- Reducing antibiotics in organic dairy farming
Nauta, W.J., Van Veluw, K. and Wagenaar, J.P.
- Consumption of antibiotics in Austrian cattle production
Obritzhauser, W., Fuchs, K., Kopacka, I. and Egger-Danner, C.
- ’Therapy evaluation’: a tool for sustainable antibiotic use
Huijps, K., Van Hoorne, J., De Hoog, J. and Koenen, E.