Session 33. Nutrition and welfare
Date: 31 August 2011; 08:30 – 12:30 hours
Theatre Session 33
- How do different amounts of solid feed in the diet affect the behaviour and welfare of veal calves?
Webb, L.E., Bokkers, E.A.M., Engel, B. and Van Reenen, C.G.
- Examination of the bovine leukocyte environment using immunogenetic biomarkers to assess immunocompetence following exposure to weaning stress
O’loughlin, A., Earley, B., Mcgee, M. and Doyle, S.
- Nutrition and welfare: role of inflammation and its modulation
Bertoni, G., Piccioli-Cappelli, F., Cogrossi, S., Grossi, P. and Trevisi, E.
- Grass/red clover silage to growing/finishing pigs – influence on performance and carcass quality
Høøk Presto, M., Rundgren, M. and Wallenbeck, A.
- The effect of phosphorus restriction during the weaner-grower phase on serum osteocalcin and bone mineralisation in gilts
Varley, P.F., Sweeney, T., Ryan, M.T. and O’doherty, J.V.
Poster Session 33
- Effects of probiotic, prebiotic and synbiotic on perfomance and humoral immune response of female suckling calves
Mohamadi, P. and Dabiri, N.
- Effects of dietary garlic on broiler performance and blood parameters
Mirza Aghazadeh, A. and Tahayazdi, M.
- Effect of butyric acid on cecal microbial population of broilers fed wheat-corn based diets
Mirza Aghazadeh, A., Sepahvand, M. and Jafarian, O.
- The pH dynamics of the goats and cows rumen and abomasums
Birģele, E., Ilgaža, A. and Keidāne, D.