Session 44. Milk and meat product quality (Food Quality symposium)
Date: 01 September 2011; 08:30 – 12:30 hours
Theatre Session 44
- Meat yield in double muscled Piemontese young bulls: official and commercial retail cuts quality production
Lazzaroni, C. and Biagini, D.
- Selection for reduced PFAT decreases Isocitrate Dehydrogenase activity
Kelman, K.R., Pannier, L., Pethick, D.W. and Gardner, G.E.
- The effects dietary plants secondary compounds on small ruminants’ products quality
Vasta, V., Priolo, A. and Luciano, G.
- Meat and health: how to improve the nutritional quality of broiler meat
Haug, A., Nyquist, N.F., Rødbotten, R., Thomassen, M., Svihus, B. and Christophersen, O.A.
- Extending the shelf life of fresh meat: what is technically and legally feasible?
Clinquart, A., Imazaki, P., Sanchez-Mainar, M., Delhalle, L., Adolphe, Y., Dure, R. and Daube, G.
- Cows’ feeding and milk and dairy product sensory properties: a review
Martin, B., Verdier-Metz, I., Ferlay, A., Graulet, B., Cornu, A., Chilliard, Y. and Coulon, J.B.
- Modeling and genetics of milk technological properties
- β-lactoglobulin genotype prediction based on milk Fourier transform infrared spectra
Rutten, M.J.M., Bovenhuis, H., Heck, J.M.L. and Van Arendonk, J.A.M.
- Breed, housing and feeding systems affect milk coagulation traits and cheese yield and quality
Mantovani, R., De Marchi, M., Cologna, N., Guzzo, N. and Bittante, G.
- Genome-wide association of fatty acids from summer milk of Dutch dairy cattle
Bouwman, A.C., Visker, M.H.P.W., Van Arendonk, J.A.M. and Bovenhuis, H.
- Detection of QTL controlling cheese processing properties in a Holstein x Normande crossbred population
Xue, Y., Larroque, H., Barbey, S., Lefebvre, R., Gallard, Y., Ogier, J.C., Colleau, J.J., Delacroix-Buchet, A. and Boichard, D.
- Characteristics of herds that produce milkfat with a higher than average concentration of unsaturated fatty acids
Silva-Villacorta, D., Lopez-Villalobos, N., Blair, H.T., Hickson, R.E. and Macgibbon, A.
Poster Session 44
- The effect of genotypes and housing conditions on colour of chicken meat
Konrád, S. and Kovácsné Gaál, K.
- Possibilities to improve the lipid structure of the pig meat during the finishing period
Lefter, N., Habeanu, M., Hebean, V. and Dragotoiu, D.
- The content of benzo(a)pyrene in smoked meat products
Miculis, J., Valdovska, A. and Zutis, J.
- Limiting enzymes of docosahexaenoic acid synthesis in bovine tissues
Cherfaoui, M., Durand, D., Cassar-Malek, I., Bonnet, M., Bauchart, D. and Gruffat, D.
- A gene expression approach to the genetics of dry-cured ham attributes and texture defects
Pena, R.N., Guàrdia, M.D., Reixach, J., Amills, M. and Quintanilla, R.
- Fatty acids profile and cholesterol content in muscles of young bulls of Polish Black and White breed and commercial crossbreds after Limousine sires
Grodzicki, T., Litwinczuk, A., Barlowska, J. and Florek, M.
- When MIR spectrometry helps to promote a local and vulnerable bovine breed
Colinet, F.G., Dehareng, F., Dardenne, P., Soyeurt, H. and Gengler, N.
- Ratio of n-6:n-3 in the diets of beef cattle: effect on growth, fatty acid composition, and taste of beef
Mcniven, M.A., Duynisveld, J.L., Turner, T. and Mitchell, A.W.
- A novel quality denomination for beef: strategies, limits and differences between stakeholders
Olaizola, A., Bernués, A., Blasco, I. and Sanz, A.
- Meat lamb characteristics affected by different amounts of Camelina sativa feeding integration
Nicastro, F., Facciolongo, A., Depalo, F., Demarzo, D. and Toteda, F.
- Effects of dietary supplementation with mineral/vitamin mix on beef meat quality
Vincenti, F., Mormile, M. and Iacurto, M.
- Effects of oil sources on feedlot performance and fatty acid profiles of meat lambs
- Cis and trans isomers of 18:1 from Longissimus thoracis muscle are modified differentially in Angus, Limousin and Blonde d’Aquitaine bulls fed linseed-enriched diets
Bauchart, D., Thomas, A., Lyan, B., Gruffat, D., Micol, D. and Durand, D.
- Protein markers of beef tenderness in young bulls from different breeds
Picard, B., Cassar-Malek, I., Kammoun, M., Jurie, C., Micol, D. and Hocquette, J.F.
- Improved nutritional quality of pork by feeding fish oil containing diets
Hallenstvedt, E., Øverland, M., Kjos, N.P., Rehnberg, A.C. and Thomassen, M.S.
- Prediction of Warner-Bratzler tenderness in cattle and genetic parameters of beef quality traits- preliminary results
Aass, L., Hollung, K. and Sehested, E.
- Slaughter value of Hungarian buffalo heifers
Barna, B. and Hollo, G.
- The effect of grassland management and production system on bovine milk quality in Mid Norway
Adler, S., Steinshamn, H., Jensen, S.K., Hansen-Møller, J. and Govasmark, E.
- In vitro algaecide effect of borate on Prototheca strains isolated from bovine mastitic milk
Marques, S., Silva, E., Carvalheira, J. and Thompson, G.
- The fatty acid composition and amino acid profile of organic buffalo milk
Barna, B., Csapó, J. and Hollo, G.
- Urea level in milk from various breeds of cows and its relationship with chemical composition and individual traits of technological usability
Barlowska, J., Krol, J., Wolanciuk, A. and Szwajkowska, M.
- The effect of nonstructural carbohydrate and addition of full fat roasted canola seed on milk fatty acid composition in lactating cows
Sari, M., Naserian, A.A., Valizadeh, R. and Salari, S.
- Residue concentrations of Nitroxynil in milk and product following administration to cows
Power, C., O’brien, B., Danaher, M., Furey, A., Bloemhoff, Y., Sayers, R. and Jordan, K.
- Chemical composition and technological usability of caprine milk from various groups of breeds
Barlowska, J., Szwajkowska, M., Grodzicki, T. and Wolanciuk, A.
- Effectiveness of new milking machine cleaning products in maintaining total bacterial counts on equipment surfaces
Gleeson, D., O’brien, B., Flynn, J. and Jordan, K.
- Variability of ewe’s milk fatty acid profile in relation to the morphometric characteristics of milk fat globules
Salari, F., Altomonte, I. and Martini, M.
- Effects of the α-lactalbumin +15 polymorphism on milk protein composition
Visker, M.H.P.W., Schennink, A., Van Arendonk, J.A.M. and Bovenhuis, H.
- The lipid components of ewe’s colostrum
Altomonte, I., Salari, F. and Martini, M.
- Effects of storage time on technological ovine milk traits
Pistoia, A., Casarosa, L., Poli, P., Balestri, G., Bondi, G., Mani, D. and Ferruzzi, G.
- Opportunity to increase milk quality with biologically active substances
Miculis, J., Jemeljanovs, A., Sterna, V., Konosonoka, I.H., Antone, U. and Zagorska, J.
- Changes of chosen protein fractions content in bovine milk from three cows’ breeds subject to somatic cell count
Litwinczuk, Z., Krol, J., Brodziak, A. and Barlowska, J.
- Effect of different amounts of extruded flaxseed in diets for dairy cows on chemical and fatty acid composition of milk and cheese
Cattani, M., De Marchi, M., Cologna, N., Bittante, G. and Bailoni, L.
- Technological usability of milk from 3 breeds of cows
Barlowska, J., Wolanciuk, A., Krol, J. and Litwinczuk, A.
- Bioactive protein content in milk from local breeds of cows included in the genetic resources conservation programme
Krol, J., Litwinczuk, Z., Brodziak, A. and Chabuz, W.
- Iodine concentration in Norwegian milk has declined the last decade
Haug, A., Harstad, O.M., Salbu, B. and Taugbøl, O.
- The effect of fluorescent light exposure on meat colour stability from commercial Gascon calves and cull cows, produced in Catalunya and Midi-Pyrenees
Khliji, S., Panella, N., Chamorro, F.H., Gil, M., Blanch, M. and Oliver, M.A.